The other day, captcha broke. But a concerned user mentioned that he was able to create an account despite that. I tried and failed to reproduce the problem.
Here are the steps he mentioned:
- I went to http://www.freshports.org/new-user.php
- Entered all my data without any captcha code entered and press “create account”
- Saw an error message saying captcha code is invalid
- Since I didn’t saw any image I tough this maybe this is another type of captcha (without image) and pasted “3 black symbols” at the input box which reads as “3 b” after pasting
- “create account” again and I saw the same error then I think I re-submit POST data 2-3 times and got a “welcome” message saying I’m registered then I got an “FreshPorts – user registration” email from where I’ve verified my account.
The user added: I forgot to tell that I intentionally used ctrl+r few times to re-submit data (like I do a regular page refresh, this is the same but keeps already submitted data) as I tough I might be finally able to see the missing captcha image without loosing my populated login info.
Can you help out here please?
captcha is working right now, but I could break it if that will help.