I’m trying to think of a list of things that FreshPorts can do which might be useful.
I can think of these:
- provides example dependency line. e.g. p5-XML-RSS>0:textproc/p5-XML-RSS
- list of dependencies for a port
- list of ports depending upon this port
- Default configuration options
- what packages install a given file (e.g. bin/unzip)
- what ports does this person maintain?
- which Makefiles contain a reference to bunzip?
- search results can be plain-text consisting of a list of foo/bar ports
- The Maximum Effort checkbox on the search page does nothing.
- Committers can be notified of sanity test failures after the commit
- Find a commit, any commit, based on SVN revision number, e.g. : https://www.freshports.org/commit.php?revision=352332
Any more ideas?