I’m trying to think of a list of things that FreshPorts can do which might be useful.
I can think of these:
- provides example dependency line. e.g. p5-XML-RSS>0:textproc/p5-XML-RSS
- list of dependencies for a port
- list of ports depending upon this port
- Default configuration options
- what packages install a given file (e.g. bin/unzip)
- what ports does this person maintain?
- which Makefiles contain a reference to bunzip?
- search results can be plain-text consisting of a list of foo/bar ports
- The Maximum Effort checkbox on the search page does nothing.
- Committers can be notified of sanity test failures after the commit
- Find a commit, any commit, based on SVN revision number, e.g. : https://www.freshports.org/commit.php?revision=352332
Any more ideas?
Show the message (if one exists) for a package. Ideally provide an in-page anchor to the message.
Background: 230770 – ports-mgmt/pkg pkg rquery %M does not return messages
Also – an enhancement request – it would be nice to have more anchors within pages. So for example https://www.freshports.org/www/firefox/#commit-history might scroll to the Commit history section of the page.
> Show the message (if one exists) for a package. Ideally provide an in-page anchor to the message
e.g. I found this one:
The enhancement requests are good. Please add them to the queue at https://github.com/FreshPorts/freshports/issues so that the next time I’m working on the website, I will pick that up.